Should you be worried about a high CAPE ratio?
A recent article in Advisor Perspectives highlighted how high CAPE ratios have historically resulted in low S&P 500 returns.
Content continues below advertisement
The Shiller PE ratio is something that is fiercely debated in the investment community. My takeaway:
- Don’t obsess over it but keep it in the big picture.
- It’s a great tool to assess the state of affairs with regards to valuations, but hard to manage portfolios as it is not great at timing.
- There are more effective valuation and risk management techniques that better serve for managing portfolios.
- The larger concern that I have for markets is that we have likely reached peak sentiment.
What is the catalyst to take markets higher when we have:
- Full Valuations
- Peak Sentiment
- Allocations at all-time highs
- Earnings growth & macro data have skyrocketed off of the March 2020 lows
See the following tweets that I have sent out in recent weeks:
Astoria Portfolio Advisors
Click here for Photo Source
newETFs.io respects the hard work of others and gives all credit to the remarkable folks at ETFTrends.com. This excerpt/article was pulled from their RSS feed; click here to view the original. Please note that on occasion, the RSS feed will not have the author. When this happens this site defaults the author to "News". Make no mistake, this excerpt/article was not created by newETFs.io, it was simply shared with you.